Thursday, November 12, 2009

Easycap - It's not a pile of shit!

I've been wanting to get something to play my older consoles through my monitor without too much hassle, and I figured a capture card would probably be the easiest.

Wasn't sure if my laptop could even handle it, so I ended up buying an easycap from dealextreme. Thankfully, my laptop handles it easily. Not only that, but with a little tweaking with the Ulead Video studio it came with, I'm getting really nice recording quality. From a capture card that's $11. Didn't even have to buy or set up anything more than the capture card itself, with the software included with it I can play it full screen with nice sound quality while I'm recording.

Right now I'm recording a playthrough of Kingdom Hearts 2 on Hard mode, it's something that I never got around to doing. Beat it on normal twice before...



YouTube still rapes the quality, and these take a long time to upload.
I'll record better games later. Planning on Timesplitters 2 and 3, and Zone of the Enders.

No comments:

Post a Comment